Wondering how to create a career portfolio for your first post-college job hunt? This blog post is for you.
By the time you get to this blog post, you should know:
- What a portfolio is
- Why portfolios are important to your job hunt
- How and when to use them during the job hunting process
And now you are ready to create your portfolios!
Ready to land your first job out of college?
Land that great, first job quickly and easily!
This Productive Job-Hunting Game Plan will show you the exact steps you need to take to quickly and easily land your first job out of college.
Best of all, it’s completely FREE, but only for a limited time–simply opt in below!
The three types of portfolios:
- Printed: a printed Powerpoint with highlights
- Digital: a PDF version of the printed (maybe slightly more detailed)
- Online: a website with all of the details of your experience
How to create each of the three portfolios:
Don’t worry! They each build off of each other so creating three versions doesn’t take much more effort.
- Create an outline
- Choose your top 3 projects
- Write down why you chose these projects. (hint: they should be related to the jobs you are applying to)
- Create the printed version of your portfolio
- Create a PowerPoint of what you outlined and print it
- Create the digital version of your portfolio
- Building off of the PowerPoint, add a little more detail and download it as a pdf
- Create the online version of your portfolio
- Take it online and add all of the details